Wednesday 9 March 2011

End of Day One

It's the end of Day One and this is already proving harder than I thought! I've lost count of the number of times I've had to say 'sorry' to myself for almost slipping back into what we'll call that 'stinking thinking'. After all, it's not easy to admire the way my hair looks after wearing a helmet for 45 mins to ride my Vespa. But at least I'm now aware of how those thought patterns creep back in, which gives me a better chance of changing them.

It also occurred to me a little earlier that despite Mark Darcy telling Bridget Jones that he liked her 'just as she was', it wasn't enough for her - she still went back to Daniel Cleaver! I guess you have to believe it yourself first.

More tomorrow on body politics, body gossip and celebrating the body for what it can do rather than for what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment